Donate today to become a part of the solution to world hunger. Your contribution does make a difference to those in need by giving them a real chance at a healthy, thriving and productive life that everyone deserves. As a non-profit organization we raise all our funds from the generosity of individual donors, corporations, small businesses, churches, synagogues, foundations, and more. Put simply, the more money we receive from donors, the more people we can feed. Let's end hunger together!
Make a donation to Kids Against Hunger Canada through CanadaHelps right here on our web site. When making your donation, you have the option of making it as a tribute gift or in memory of someone. You also have the option to donate on a monthly basis. Once your donation has been made, you will receive an email receipt. Any amount given over $20.00 is tax deductible.
Other Ways to Donate:
- Mail a check, money order, or cash to: Kids Against Hunger Canada, P.O. Box 212, Peterborough, ON, CA, K9J6Y8.
- Sign up for monthly automatic withdrawal of your donation with your chequing/savings account or credit card.
- Donate supplies (such as a large bag of rice, etc.) and services in-kind. Contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-883-KAHC (5242) for more information.
- Donate your time and effort- volunteer to package food.
- Become a sponsor for food packaging events.
- Donate to the annual One Million Meals Peterborough event before April 4th, 2020:
Consider fundraising with us to help cover other expenses such as warehousing costs to store the food before and after packaging events, and to help cover the fees associated with shipping, customs, and taxes on transporting the food to it's destination.
- One Million Meals Peterborough (OMMP): A Public Food Packaging Event- Coming up in April, we have an open opportunity for all to get involved in fundraising for Kids Against Hunger Canada through a Peterborough annual event, One Million Meals Peterborough, where we take our next steps toward packaging food for our goal of providing one million meals to those in most need locally, in the Canadian North, and abroad.
Take part in fundraising & packaging food on Saturday, April 4, 2020 by
Registering Today at our OMMP event fundraising site
- Fundraise for our cause. Connect with our pages on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to spread the word about your fundraising campaign for our mission.
- Want to give back to the community but don't have time to volunteer? Do you have an upcoming event, holiday, or anniversary/birthday coming up that you wish you could fundraise for to help provide for children, youth, and adults in high need of nutritious food? Countless people these days feel that gift giving can lack meaning, especially when many in our lives already have an abundance of 'stuff'. You can sign up at Wish&Give to create a fundraising page for your upcoming event, that includes the capability to sell tickets or send out invitations. Encourage guests invited to your event to give a gift of meaning to many.
Check out this link for more Ways to Use Wish and Give!
Host a Meal Packing Event
Want to make a huge difference in your community? Plan to host a meal packing event and we will help you with all the details!
At present, we do on-site packaging, where we setup the necessary packaging equipment at your facility. We are able to do so once your team raises the funds needed to cover the cost of ingredients.
To volunteer with packaging food at an upcoming event that has already been scheduled and organized, check out our ‘Events’ calendar to see what is coming up in your local community! Every year in April, the opportunity to be a part of a large Peterborough-wide event called One Million Meals Peterborough becomes available. Your time and effort at a food packing event directly results in feeding those who are hungry, malnourished and starving. Register for the event here.
While our name implies that children are the focused source of our volunteers, in practice our volunteers come from all age groups and walks of life. Individuals and groups from churches, synagogues, schools, social clubs, businesses, senior centers, and civic groups are common sources of volunteers for packaging our food. Children from the fifth grade on seem to have the best experience in packaging events, but even as young as 7 years old can join in with the assistance of a parent/grandparent/guardian. Teens require minimal adult supervision and often plan their own packaging events.
Some of the best volunteer experiences come when youth, parents, and grandparents work together as a family. Schools, small businesses and corporations often do food packaging with us as a community service event, which is a great team-building exercise!
To schedule a special packaging event, please contact Carl at 1-888-883-5242 (KAHC).
Help spread the word! Share our infographic online about ways to get involved.
Start a Packaging Satellite
A ‘satellite’, or food packing centre, is a dependent, mostly volunteer-driven organization that is affiliated with Kids Against Hunger Canada. Individuals at each satellite package the proprietary Kids Against Hunger food for those in need in Canada, and developing nations of the world.
Our goal is to expand our food packaging ability to feed more people! We hope to have a satellite in every major city across the country. One person can make a difference, and a whole group working together can transform lives! Consider starting a satellite in your Canadian city. Our headquarters in Peterborough, Ontario (just east of Toronto) will prepare you each step of the way.
A satellite needs a facility in which it can set up its manual packaging equipment and store supplies and the packaged food. The actual food packaging is done by volunteers, and so the satellite needs the ability to attract, schedule, and supervise volunteer food packagers, including the ability to fundraise to cover the cost of the ingredients used.
More more information about starting your own food packing satellite, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-883-5242 (KAHC).